The Benefits of Full Membership
- Voting privileges that make a difference: As a member, you participate in electing CIPMA’s Board of Directors, thereby influencing CIPMA’s agenda
- Eligibility to run for office: As a member, you can run for election to CIPMA’s Board of Directors and have a direct influence over the association’s priorities and actions
- Concise issue summaries on complex topics that impact your business and summary of CIPMA’s current point of view and advocacy efforts
- Timely updates to keep you abreast of new developments that affect your business
- Sizeable discounts on industry functions: As a member, you (and your staff) enjoy significant discounts on the year’s best-attended industry events: CIPMA’s annual Canadian Fuel Marketing Conference, and annual Golf Challenge
- Invitation to CIPMA Regional Members meetings
- Unrestricted access to CIPMA information resources and the ability to access informed advice on a wide range of business topics such as how to get into exporting, how to implement new regulations, and who to contact in government in order to discuss specific regulatory issues
The Value of Full Membership
CIPMA membership delivers value in three key areas that can directly impact your bottom line:
The value of advocacy
When CIPMA speaks, your voice is heard. Government-driven legislation and regulations can profoundly affect your bottom line. CIPMA works tirelessly to advocate on your behalf in areas targeted to improve member company profits and longevity. CIPMA represents the unique interests of independent fuel marketers as follows:
- When we need to change or adjust existing or proposed legislation;
- When we need new legislation to protect independent fuel marketers from egregious business practices; and
- When politicians and bureaucrats need to understand the very different business model of independent fuel marketers in order to properly implement regulations.
The value of efficient networking
New relationships with other fuel marketers in Canada will create value for your company. Whether it is a case of learning from others about how they manage certain aspects of their business, or working with them to create new value, the possibilities are endless. Note that CIPMA operates under strict compliance with Canada’s Competition Act and CIPMA expects members to understand the Act and adhere to it at all times.
In fact, members report feeling that they were getting more than their money’s worth from their CIPMA membership as a result of the value of the networking alone. The events CIPMA organizes are designed to provide maximum networking opportunities – not just with other fuel marketers, but with a wide range of suppliers from the hauling, equipment, technology and fuel supply sectors. With most major suppliers to the industry converging at CIPMA events, members report significant time savings (and value) from these meetings.
The value of information
CIPMA will keep you informed of market trends and regulations that you must know about to operate legally and efficiently, and to maximize your knowledge for competitive growth. Through its educational seminars, CIPMA will ensure that you have the right perspective to make good business decisions.